Friday, June 5, 2009

It has been a time. . .

Hi, soo much has happened! And all of it good.

Two more of our grandkids have finished high school,
One is in running start at the Jr.College, and the other
will begin College in the fall.

The one whom will begin college was at an awards
ceremony two nights ago. We were there, and to our
amazement, that grandchild won three scholarships.
And, was on National, if not, State TV coverage.

Proud Mom, sent the link to us, so we can see it over
and over again. And, in the shortest part, there is
my wife sitting next to our daughter, whom is taking
a photo of her childgetting the award.

How about that? My wife has been on television 2
times. Once, before I met her, when she was on a
game show , and now, at an awards show.

The thought comes to me, that all my grandkids are
just that, "GRAND." To visit one of them, see
"legally Blond" or "Just another Paige on the Internet."

My oldest grandson is in Ohio, wanting to get to the west
coast. And my oldest granddaughter wants to get to the
East coast. My youngest grandson just went on his 1st
overnight with the scouts, and my youngest granddaughter
will be here from her southwestern birth place, before
the summer is over. she was born on the same day and in
the same month as mylodest granddaughter. that Month
was March - so that is a great month.

Now two of my gboys are on Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter-day Saints' missions. They are not yet through
their 1st year, and before long, each will have a younger
brother also in the mission field. Now, all four of these
fantastic young men have recieved the BSA rank of
Eagle Scout....

Every day, I give thanks to MY FATHER for the blessing
we as a famil y receive.

This life as a grandfather, and as a great (as in super great)
grandfather is satisfying. Perhaps I can get it right this time
for I don't think my record is that of a "Great" Dad.

Yet, those men, I call "son",. both the birth sons, and those
married to my daughters, are spectacular greats.

Now you may think this is bragging . . .Not so, only telling
the truth. And, as I think about it, all my girls, bybirth
or by marriage, are pretty special too. Each has a tallent
and gift that help the family members be all that they
can be. (sorry army) I borrowed the slogan... When I was
serving in the USArmy, the country did not think of me so
kindly.... Korea was not a "war", the press said.

Tell that to the families whom have no sons due to their
being killed in that (what do we call it) event.

Gosh, when I think of it, there are just a handfull of us, from
our High School. Our class was almost desimated when thinking
of the guys with whom I studied. At the end of Next month,
I will be 75 and wonder how many , If any will reach that age
with me?

It is said that we mellow with the years... If so, I wnat to wish our
President well, and pray for him-opps, is it alright to Pray for our
President? I don't think I can pray for our congress however,except
to pray that they have they become Honest, unselfish, and not greedy.

Is that too much for you? It is for me... so I'll say rest easy and
keep your head down... Our creator is in the Heavens, so all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment