Wednesday, July 15, 2009

15 July 2009

Hi:

Wow, what a blast we got today.... On Facebook, we connected with some of the
Scouts I had the pleasure to lead. And recently, have reconnected with the old
friends, whom joined the Church of Jesus Chirst of Latter-day Saints, in the 1960/70's.

This is turning out to be the best year. Even with the Government going through ...you
add your feelings, and I will pray for divine Guidiance that God may bless each with
righeous desires. (right!)

Back to the topic... it is good to revisit the past, when it was good. and learn tht the good
is still there.

Add to this, the fact that my young son, and his family will be here in a few days. What
a special blessing. And, they get to have my Bedroom, walk in Closet, and extra large
Bath/shower ( large enough for two people to use as a dance hall)

The bonus is that I get to hold and spoil, Kaitlyn, so she can keep up with the rest of our progeny. Don't get the wrong idea.... all my children are spoiling my grandchildren.

Imade many mistakes, and each of my children are going to make their mistakes.... And,
that is a good thing. We learn in this life to be better, and then we get to see what the mistakes were, when we get older, and see how our teaching turned out.

Yes,I did teach. even to those whom think I didn't. Just asl ,y best part,..my wife. She calls me the "Old guy". A term of endearment? (Ya think?)

Gosh, when I awake, I have to think where I put my glasses, and what I'm gooing to do for the day.. No, I'm not senile. No, I'm not indigent, and No, I'm not around the bend already.

But I do need help. Some of my kids, and their significant others, seem to me to think I'm
with one foot in the grave already. Others dismiss my words as if what I say and do have no meaning. Really, all I need is a bit of a clue as to where to go and what to do..

All kiding, aside.... Ann and i will become this fall, or early next year, home missionaries in
the new.familysearch support program. We can stay at home, and help others. What we will do, is man the telephone line for 15 hours each week - thats two days a week. Oour job will be to help others overcome their mistakes, and help them get back onto the program as they wish. We won't do it for them, but will help them get back ontrack and do it themselves.

And with all that, they will never know that we have done or have not done, our own
family history. This is pay back for all the help others have given in the past.

If someone does something good for you, the best thank you, is to pass it along.

And if any of you need help, remember that we are training to be your resource in doing
your family search. Whenyou are on track, you can get the stories and other facts about
your past ancesters.

It's midnight now, so, goodnight, and GOD bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment