Tuesday, March 23, 2010

23 March 2010

Today, we think of our 5th child whom was born on this day and
this month- He will tell you the year, if he wants, not I.

Life is so great. Mother had us buy a book, "The Survivors Club."
It is by Ben Sherwood. We have been (I should say,) I have been
reading it, and 3/4 finished. The book has opened my eyes to
see why I have had such a charmed life. Why I am still living
and why I am so upbeat most of the time. You may argue,"that
is not true."

Over the years, I have been extreamly lucky. The book tells me
that it is a state of mind, and that the way one looks at what
happens around him/her - and the way it affects him/her, is
not as important as what he/she thinks about what is happening.

Wed, our next day, we will be flying to California. We are to see
my Sister, with whom we can stay, and visit with my Brother
while there. We were to celebrate the birthday of Ann's uncle
Charles. This will not be possible, as her Uncle Gene is in the
hospital in Columbus and his kidneys have failed. So Charles
will be in Ohio, when we are in California. And, yes the child in
me wants to go to the Magic Kingdom... so we will be there for
two days. When we return, we will have pictures and I think,
stories... we will visit some of our former friends - from 1960"s
through 1976. If they are still there, and alive.

Back to today- I am getting rid of some of my things - at my
age, I do not need so much. I will get rid of my old lawn mower
for I have a self propelled one, that has a key starter. And I will
be going through all my treasures in the Garage, with an eye
toward getting rid of many of those items, I have not used for
many years.. I will keep the snow shovel, and some of the tools
that can be used, but the yard is about how we want it, now.

My big project was to build a bird house, and it is almost finished
so now I will put it up, near our bird feeder. I fixed it so the
squirels can not get to the food.... so, now something is getting into
the bucket we have at the outside of the back door-- for some days,
we found it knocked over and the recycling follage, on the floor of
the deck... i put a couple of drops of fuel on it, to discourage those
animals brought there by smell.... but that is only a temporary
fix.

As stated above, Life is Good. I married above me, and so "My" life
has been superb... and satisfying. I love my wife, of almost 50 years,
and each of my 7 (or so) children.... each has made a great life for
themselves... some may not think so, but from my aged view, it is
so.

may GOD our FATHER bless each of you whom read this tome..that
you may have a rich and happy life. Remember, it is not the value of
things, - but the value of relationships and good times.

Wow, all this from an "Oldguy."

1 comment:

  1. I'm very glad to hear that you are enjoying life. Be safe on your trip (hopefully no earthquakes) & have fun...take a picture of Mickey Mouse for us.

    ReplyDelete